Tuesday, February 10, 2015

From Tom's Desk- Looking Back 2/10/15

“Gentlemen, I cannot but acknowledge myself obliged to you for the regard you have shown for me in the general invitation you have given me to settle in the ministry amongst you. . . I have at last concluded to accept of your call, upon condition you will grant the following. . . That the town shall take the £100 which they have voted to me towards my building in the town, and build and suitably finish a house 38 feet in length, and 18 feet in breadth, having four rooms and a garret; and also that they build a kitchen on the back side of the house: which house shall be given to me, my heirs or assigns, &c.”  Rev. Thomas Prentice to the committee chosen to bring the first settled minister to the town of Arundel (now Kennebunkport) 1730

The Olde Garrison House, Winter of 1956 and 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment