Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Ten Fun Facts about Vernal Pools

So as I look out my window and see the whipping wind, and have the heat on under my desk, it is hard to believe that the peepers are even dreaming of thawing out... I am not sure my hands and feet have yet.  We are anxiously awaiting true spring like weather, but while we are anxiously awaiting, others are already partying like its 65 degrees!

Check out our newest edition of Top Ten Cards. 

Ten Cool Facts about Vernal Pools

So as you walk through our woods, listen to the chirping of the peepers, the quacking of the wood frogs, glad to be unfrozen for the season, and know that there are congresses of salamander's dancing at night in the pools.  They are already celebrating spring, sun or no.

Most importantly, GET OUTSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment